Monday, May 14, 2012

Greetings Everyone!

I'm just back from a week in Alaska, where I spent five days photographing & spotting aircraft around Lake Hood and Ted Stevens International Airport (ANC/PANC), and event we called AAA2012 (Alaska, Airplanes, & Ales). You see we photograph aircraft by day and sample the local craft brews by night. 

While there I took my first ride in a De Havilland Canada DHC-2 "Beaver," taking-off from and landing back on Lake Spenard. I was joined by good friends Doug Kerr, Robbie Shaw, Joe G. Walker, Ben Wang, and Todd Boettcher on the flight and what a flight it was. I will post some photos from the flight this week so please keep a watch for those.

I made a day trip to Fairbanks as well and visited the folks at Evertts Air Cargo where I photographed two of the carriers DC-9's which still sport the livery of their former operator DHL.

It was a great trip but as all trips are it was to short. I will be posting many photos from the trip over the next week, so please keep checking back for updates.

Thanks for visiting Aero Pacific Flightlines and hope to see you back again soon.

Cheers
Michael Carter
Editor and Chief   

No comments: